DESIGN YOUR ECO BAG CONTEST MECHANICS
- The SM Eco Bag design contest will happen from July 13 to August 9, 2012 only.
- It is open to high school and college students from Metro Manila, Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
- Participants must be currently enrolled for the school year 2012-2013.
- Entries must have the following specifications:
- Theme: “Art of Sustainability”
- Each entry must be composed of four (4) individual bag designs based on the four (4) categories: Earth, Fire, Water and Air.
- Each design must have a maximum of four (4) colors only.
- All entries should be submitted in digital format.
- Bag dimensions: LxWxH 19”x7.5”x16”
- Visit www.facebook.com/smsupermalls to view the 3D version of the bag.
- Entries must be uploaded to www.smsupermalls.com/designyourecobag in the following format:
- JPEG in RGB format.
- Each file or designs should not exceed 2 MB.
- Participants must fill out the online registration form with your complete details:
i. Full Name
iv. Year (High School/College)
v. Mobile Number
vi. E-mail Address
vii. School Name
viii. Student Number
ix. School Principal/Dean’s Name
x. School Principal/Dean’s Contact Number
xi. School Principal/Dean’s E-Mail Address
- Only one (1) entry per participant is allowed.
- Participants must informed their respective schools on their participation the contest
- 50 entries with complete qualifications to submit will receive a consolation prize of P1,000 Sodexho gift certificate each.
- Four (4) winners will be chosen: one (1) winner from Metro Manila, one (1) from Luzon, one (1) from Visayas and one (1) from Mindanao.
No. of Winners
One design per Element; 1 set per contestant
Total No. of winning Bag Designs
- Each winner will receive Php 25,000 and the New iPad each
(with concise specifications: 9.7" LED-backlit IPS LCD touchscreen ● 2048 x 1536 pixels ● Wi-Fi 802.11 ● 16 inbuilt storage ● 5MP auto-focus camera)
- The winners’ schools will also receive Php 25,000 for the school’s individual environmental project.
- The winning designs will be owned and developed as the new designs of the 2012 SM Eco Bag.
- The use of any malicious drawings or foul words are subject to disqualification.
- Winners will be notified through registered mail. Notification letter via e-mail is just a support only. Registered mail and notification letter via e-mail includes the instructions on when and what SM Mall they may claim their prizes.
- To claim prizes, winners should present the following at the nearest SM Mall’s Admin office from August 13 to September 30:
- Present one (1) valid School ID and birth certificate to the Admin Office of the SM Mall stated in their registered mail and notification letter via e-mail.
- Present two (2) photocopies of the registered mail and/or notification letter via e-mail.
- Prizes may be claimed within sixty (60) days upon receipt of the notifications.
- Prizes not claimed within sixty (60) days will be forfeited in favor of SM Supermalls.
- Prizes in kind are transferable but not convertible to cash.
- All cash prizes will be paid in check.
- SM will shoulder the 20% government tax.
- Judging procedure:
- All entries will be pre-screened before final judging.
- Entries that passed the initial screening will be deliberated by the panel of judges on August 13, 2012 in the presence of a DTI representative.
- Criteria for judging:
- Creativity – 50%
Recognize things and ideas in new ways and from a different perspective
- Originality – 25%
Freshness and uniqueness of aspect design or style
- Relevance to the theme – 25%
Capable of relating each design on the given theme “Art of Sustainability”
- The decision of the panel of judges shall be final and binding with the concurrence of DTI.
- In case of a tie, a pre-selected Tie-Breaking Judge will determine the appropriate winner.
- By entering the contest, the participant grants SM Supermalls and SM Cares a royalty-free, and exclusive privileges to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media, for any educational, promotional, exhibition, archival and all other standard purposes of the organizer.
- Employees of SCMC and its affiliates, sponsors, organizers, advertising agencies, judges including their relatives up to second degree of consanguinity or affinity are not eligible to join this contest.
Per DTI-NCR Permit No. 4343. Series of 2012